RENEWAL OF LICENCE
The renewal of license by the Council is supported and enforced by section 5 of the Amended Decree 54 of 1988 which categorically stipulates that “No Nurse shall be allowed to practice or continue to practice in any year except such a Nurse has paid Licensing fees as prescribed by the Council”.
Practicing licenses are renewable every three (3) years, the current renewal fee is Ten thousand five hundred naira(N10, 500) only for three years, penalty of five thousand two hundred and fifty naira(N5, 250) for each year of default. These fees are subject to review periodically.
Requirements for Renewal of Licence
- Completed Licensing form.
- Two (2) recent identical coloured passport photographs with white background.
- Expired licence.
- Photocopies of certificates of registration.
- Photocopy of certificate of attendance for Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP).
- Original evidence of Payment of N10,500 for renewal and penalty of N5,250 for each year of default on Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria’s platform through REMITA (TSA).