Change of Name
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHANGE OF NAME
- Initiate online application for change of name on the Council's licence portal https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng
- Upload scanned copy of original Certificates of Registration issued by Council
- Upload scanned copy of original Marriage Certificate or detailed sworn court affidavit of marriage.
- Upload scanned copy of original newspaper publication in a national daily (full page).
- Payment of N10,937 only through REMITA (TSA) on the portal.
- If divorced: Divorce papers.
- For widows: Death Certificate
NOTE: The Council’s policies on change of name are as follows:
- Change of name is allowed for married women only and this applies to change in surname only.
- Addition or change of other names (first or middle names) is not acceptable.
- Change of names for males is not acceptable.
- Only three consistent names in full will be acceptable for all the records of Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria records.