REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF LICENCE
The requirements for Issuance of Licence are as follows:
First Licencing After Graduation
This is issued to eligible applicants after registration with the Council.
RENEWAL OF LICENCE
The renewal of license by the Council is supported and enforced by section 5 of the Amended Decree 54 of 1988 which categorically stipulates that “No Nurse shall be allowed to practice or continue to practice in any year except such a Nurse has paid Licensing fees as prescribed by the Council”.
Practicing licenses are renewable every three (3) years, the current renewal fee is Thirteen thousand one hundred and twenty-five naira (N13,125) only for three years, penalty of Six thousand five hundred and sixty-two naira(N6,562) for each year of default. These fees are subject to review periodically.
Requirements for Renewal of Licence
- Initiate online application for licence renewal https://licence.nmcn.gov.ng
- Upload scanned copy of original recent coloured passport photograph with white background.
- Upload scanned copy of original Certificates of Registration issued by Council
- Upload scanned copy of original Certificate of attendance for Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP).
- Payment of N13,125 for renewal and penalty of N6,562 for each year of default on Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria through REMITA on the renewal portal